Paperback: 394 pages
Published: August 2012
Dimensions: 8 x 5.25
Available in print and as an ebook
About the Travel Guide
Mongolia is an adventurous travel destination. While some luxury accommodations exist in the capital city of Ulaanbaatar (UB) and some tourist hot spots have more Westerner-friendly accommodations, the most interesting experiences are outside the capital, where travelers must be creative, patient, and resourceful. The good news, though, is that your extra work pays off – and this book will serve you well in discovering the real Mongolia.
- Wander off the beaten path to enjoy the unique hospitality of pastoral nomads on the steppe.
- Take in the rolling mountains, meandering streams, and nourishing lakes that gave rise to some of the world’s greatest civilizations.
- Explore Tibetan Buddhist monasteries – many of which have been hidden from outsiders for centuries.
- Watch the three manly sports, experience the four cardinal directions upside-down, and learn the five traditional herd animals of the Mongols.
- Ride to where roads become pastures and pastures become desserts in the “Land of the Blue Sky.”