Paperback: 338 pages
Published: July 2012
Dimensions: 8 x 5.25
Available in print and as an ebook
About the Travel Guide
Of Paraguayan descent, the author spent four years exploring Paraguay’s hidden gems and popular tourist attractions. This is an invaluable guide to experiencing everything Paraguay has to offer with cultural insights and practical recommendations. Included is the only available guide to traveling along the Paraguay River to the Pantanal, a little visited region where remote indigenous communities coexist with endangered wildlife. No matter your budget or appetite for adventure, this book is a must for discovering the real Paraguay.
- Learn key cultural insights and useful Guaraní phrases that will have you bonding with friendly locals in no time.
- Embark upon a riverboat adventure to the Paraguayan Pantanal where jaguars hunt capybaras, jabiru storks soar overhead, and tourists are rare.
- Take part in Paraguay’s unique culture by eating local food, drinking tereré, participating in religious festivals, and engaging with artisans.
- Navigate the country like a local with detailed maps and comprehensive information on driving, public transportation, and traveling on foot.
- Enjoy Asuncion’s active and affordable nightlife or soak up the countryside’s relaxed atmosphere from the comfort of a hammock.